AMAZING New URL & Button Features in Quickbase
Apr 19, 2021
Subscribe on YouTube
Get the HTML Formula Crash Course
Are you using URL & Rich Text Formula fields?
Now, they're built into the field settings!
In this video, I demonstrate how to use 3 AMAZING new URL & button features.
What are the new URL & Button features?
- Open target in popup (URL & URL Formulas)
- Embed as iframe on forms (URL & URL Formulas)
- Save Before Navigating class (Rich Text Formulas)
Key Points to Remember:
- The popup window will default to the current window's size.
- Not all webpages can be displayed in an iframe and other iframe settings are not accessible (such as scrollbars).
- Use the class='SaveBeforeNavigating' in your rich text anchor tags to prompt to save the page before it navigates to the target.
- Check the Advanced settings option to "Auto save when redirected away from the page." to bypass the save prompt.
Formula from the Rich Text field:
"<a class='Vibrant Success SaveBeforeNavigating' & href='" & [URL] & "' target='_blank'>" & [Label] &"</a>"
Want to learn more about using HTML in Quickbase?
The Quick Base Junkie HTML Formula Crash Course is a self-paced, online course that gradually builds from basic to advanced.
Through numerous examples, demonstrations, and exercises, you'll be able to harness a valuable new skill set. (Not to mention the enormous value you'll add to your apps.)
Learn more about the HTML Formula Crash Course or the HTML Course Bundle.
Did you know Quick Base Junkie has online training programs?
Topics include Relationships, Formulas, HTML, Jinja, APIs, and MORE!
Feeling like a Junkie? Subscribe Now!
Don't miss the latest:
Tips, shortcuts, checklists, reviews, tutorials, and courses from Quick Base Junkie!
Subscribe now to stay in touch
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
Explore Courses Now
Take your Quick Base skills to the next level with Premium Courses.