Build Your Quickbase App with LucidchartAug 18, 2021
Quickbase + Lucidchart = MAGIC ✨
At Empower 2021 a partnership between Lucidchart & Quickbase was announced.
I was in disbelief that you could draw an app diagram in Lucidchart that would easily convert to a functioning app in Quickbase.
Today I'm a believer and you will be too!
In this video, I walk you through the steps.
- Create your diagram in Lucidchart (using specific shapes and labels)
- Export your diagram (using the Entity Relationship Export set to Quickbase)
- Create a new app (using the Lucidchart tool and pasting the exported code)
It really is as easy as 1-2-3!
There are a few things to remember...
- You can do this with a free Lucidchart account.
- This feature is in Beta and may receive updates & changes.
- In Lucidchart, you must use the "Entity Relationship" shape with Fields on the left and Types on the right. If you don't see this option in your shapes, click on the "+ Shapes" button.
- In Lucidchart, to delete or add a Field/Type "row" click on the row, then right-click to get the menu with the options to delete and add rows.
- In Lucidchart, you must enter the appropriate "Type" name. See Field Types Supported by Quickbase.
There will likely be some clean-up and additions needed, such as:
- Adjusting the form layouts
- Adjusting the field labels on the forms
- Adding choices to multiple-choice and multi-select fields
- Adjusting the Proxy fields
- Adding Summary & Lookup fields
However, a lot of the heavy lifting for the initial app structure is accomplished in Lucidchart.
Check it out, you'll be amazed at how simple and fast it is!
Get your free Lucidchart account.
Access the Quickbase help for Creating an App from Lucidchart.
Get the Lucidchart Template from Quickbase with more instructions.
Feeling like a Junkie? Subscribe Now!