Remove Link on Lookup FieldsAug 21, 2023
It's time to put an end to the frustration my friends!
Every now and then I click to open a Quickbase record in a table and inadvertently click on a link that opens the parent record and not the record I was trying to open. 😡
This happens because lookup fields have an option to display as a link to the related (parent) record.
And to be perfectly honest... I rarely gave much thought to this default setting or considered if I could change it... until I had enough!
By unchecking the option in the field's properties we can prevent this from happening and confusing ourselves or others 🥳
🚧 Caution: This will also unlink the field on forms, so if you want the best of both worlds, create 2 fields. One with the link for forms and the other without for reports.
Now I know Quickbase relationships can be confusing...
Do you struggle with Proxy fields? Conditional dropdowns? Summary fields? Report links? Filtered record pickers? Snapshot fields?
The "Demystifying the Relationship" course will demystify these components and more!
- Understand how records actually relate to one another AND what it means for your forms and user experience.
- Learn what a proxy is, when to use it, and when not to.
- Set up conditional dropdown fields to filter choices.
- Establish snapshot fields to LOCK in values.
- Use report links to filter and display related records in creative AND useful ways.
- See what happens when you change key values that will impact your relationships.
- Discover the effects of deleting a relationship or deleting a table with relationships.
- Get an inside look at how I get creative with relationships using report links, custom key fields, and formulas.
What Quickbase Developers Say About Demystifying the Relationship