Automation! Add child record with parent in QuickbaseMay 15, 2019
It's time to start automating those routine tasks! Using a Quickbase automation to add child records when a parent record is added will save you sooooo much time.
Bonus: This training also utilizes the NEW Builder Program where you can access a FREE personal Quickbase license.
Sometimes life can get a little redundant... when that's the case.. Automate! If any of the following sound familiar, you'll benefit from adding a Quickbase automation to add child records when a parent is added.
- Projects with common initial tasks
- Sales Leads with common initial activities
- Employees with common on-boarding actions
- and many more
In this video on Quickbase Automations, I'll take you through each step to set up an automation to add multiple child records when a new parent record is saved.
- Create a new automation with the "record is added" trigger
- Set the action(s) to add new records to the child table and save
- Test the results
As you get started with Automations, please be cautious and heed the warnings I share in this training.
Otherwise, have fun and enjoy saving boatloads of time!
See the video transcript
Feeling like a Junkie? Subscribe Now!