Trigger Notification with API Buttons in QuickbaseNov 18, 2019
Enroll in the Secrets of API Buttons Now
We love automatic Quickbase email notifications, but sometimes you want to pick and choose when a notification is sent and even who it's sent to.
Being able to choose when a notification is sent can really cut down on unnecessary emails... and the tendency to start ignoring Quickbase notifications 😬 (not that we'd ever be guilty of that).
Standard notifications have a set trigger and recipient. This CANNOT be modified on the fly... unless you've added an API button to 'trigger' the notification ON DEMAND.
In the Secrets of API Buttons for Quickbase course, I teach you, step-by-step, how to do just that!
This tutorial is a sneak peek into the BONUS section of the training where I walk you through the setup and a demo of the email notification trigger API button IN ACTION!
FULL DISCLOSURE: The step-by-step walkthrough of the API formula is only available in the paid course (learn more here).
Trigger Notification SETUP
Add new fields:
- URL Formula Field
- Checkbox Field
- Optional: Email field
Add new notification:
- Set the notification to send when the new checkbox field changes
- Set who the notification is sent to based on either the field you created for email or to a set person/list/group
- Customize the notification subject & body
This tutorial is directly from the BONUS section of the Quick Base Junkie training Secrets of API Buttons.
It is one of many examples where I walk you through, step-by-step, the scenario, setup, formula, and live demonstration of a Quickbase API Button in ACTION (not to mention all the training and resources to build your own API buttons from scratch)!!
SIMILAR API BUTTON EXAMPLES
- Time Tracking with API Buttons
- Email Approval with API Buttons
- Voting Example with API Buttons
- Move Records with API Buttons
- Select Next Menu Option with API Buttons
Feeling like a Junkie? Subscribe Now!